for those, who don't understand Estonian

Moderator: Jaanus

expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Could you please let me know...

Post by expat1 »

...I´d be very happy:

Tänaste TV3 uudiste spordiosas mainiti,et Märtin avaldavat oma plaanid millalgi aasta päris alguses. (quote from mrali, Thread: 2006 tiimide koosseisud)
Siim
"till kartulis" expert

Post by Siim »

You want it to be translated?

Markko Märtin will announce his plans very soon
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Post by expat1 »

Thanks!
But actually I hoped to hear what will go on:)
I could read that sentence, but the answers in the forum are sometimes very hard to decode for me. So we are waiting for a pressconference (again)....
Erki
Kiddo soon 5000!

Post by Erki »

expat1 wrote:Thanks!
But actually I hoped to hear what will go on:)
I could read that sentence, but the answers in the forum are sometimes very hard to decode for me. So we are waiting for a pressconference (again)....
He'll probably have a press conference, yes. He'll announce his plans in very beginning of 2006.
gaas on endiselt laiffi
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

patience...patience...PATIENCE!

Post by expat1 »

Okay, I´ll take it as an exercise in patience and wait. I guess it will be the title of Õhtuleht anyway, so I for sure can´t miss it. (TV3 is using the gregorian calender, no?;))
Obviously there is more to rallying than Markko Märtin. *despair*
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Post by expat1 »

Did I understand it right?
Tomorrow 06.01.06 at 20.00 o´clock at Kanal 2 there will be an exclusive interview with Markko Märtin?!
If I understood it right, I have a question, will anybody tape that?
I try to do myself, but I don´t trust my technic skills very much, further tomorrow is my daughters birthday, so I´ll be quite busy. Just as a back-up, is anybody willing to share his/her copy with me in case I fail?? Please?
Siim
"till kartulis" expert

Post by Siim »

This interview will soon available here too: http://www.tv.ee/ Sometime next week ...
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Post by expat1 »

Sorry, in things like that I´m a bit slow. I can watch it in the internet? How cool.
ahti159
III järgu kommentaator
III järgu kommentaator

Post by ahti159 »

Sander Roosimaa Racing Team
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Post by expat1 »

Thanks for the link. Now I have to get me an Autosport:)
But still I have to see the TV-Interview. I like his estonian (*blushes*)
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Post by expat1 »

So, I can only say what an interview!

Time to thank Markko here as well.
I hope he can enjoy his adult life and achieve his goals outside the sport. I´m sad to loose him in the WRC. But I call myself a fan, so I will live with that and look forward to see him maybe competing elsewhere. Or just enjoy the memories I have.
There are no substitutes, he is very special and will always be.
So, Good Luck, Thank you!
kala
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Post by kala »

expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Post by expat1 »

expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Post by expat1 »

Thanks lenc for posting!

Markko Martin has admitted he will not drive in the World Rally Championship in the immediate future.

Responding to Estonian news stories concerning his reported retirement from rallying, Martin admitted although he is not planning a return in the near future because of the current state of the championship, he will be back behind the wheel eventually.

Martin told autosport.com this evening: "I'm definitely not thinking about coming back at the moment. I will drive something some time, somewhere, but right now I have no plans.

"The championship is a bit **** at the moment. And I don't have any intention of joining everybody there who is dreaming that everything is ok. It is really just the same as what I said in Autosport last week."

Martin told Autosport his career was not over despite not being in a WRC car for this season.

"This is not the end for me as a rally driver," he said last week. "I always like driving a rally car fast.

"As for this being the end for me in the world championship, I don't know. I really don't know. One thing for sure, though: you never say never."

Martin will be at Autosport International Show at the Birmingham NEC next Thursday, before flying back to Estonia for the opening round of the Estonian national rally championship, where he is running a new Group N team.

lol, Märtin strikes back.
My estonian is too bad, I usually struggle with understanding the sense and don´t get any fine nuances or jokes. So thanks again for posting that.
I´m going to be grumpy for the next days because I´m in Germany next weekend and can´t go to the Eesti Talv....
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

It´s me again

Post by expat1 »

http://www.epl.ee/artikkel_309177.html

To which interview with Autosport is Berendson refering? I haven´t found something on autosport.com or am I getting something completely wrong (wouldn´t be the first time)
Is he complaining about Märtins unwillingness to tell if he stops now or not?
Beef
Diagnoos: rallisõltlane

Post by Beef »

He´s refering to an interview from saturday. Its supposed to be a short story so maybe thats why you havent found it.

Markko said something like that "Im not thinking of come back right now. I will drive something, sometime at some place but right now i dont have a certain plan".

And as Berendson thinks that Markko said he will be quitting on Happy Hour and that he wont be in Autosport he thinks that Markko just cant make up his mind.
expat1
V järgu kommentaator
V järgu kommentaator

Kindergarten rant warning

Post by expat1 »

Needless to say that I have a different opinion than Berendson.

Thanks for you help!:)

The whole situation with the press here is starting to really annoy me. First it was interesting to see what they are up to next, they getting louder and cheekier and Märtin keeping an icy silence. But they crossed the line of good taste some time ago.
My opinion (as if it mattered):
They should stop poking in his private life. If there is nothing to write, my gosh then write nothing. I consider buying appartments as privat, not to talk about anything family and friend related and funerals. There are many VIP-people out there more then willing to show their houses, spouses, children, cars, grief, so why not making them happy and leave the ones who don´t want that in peace? Would be too easy, wouldn´t hurt no-one, **** what a perfect world.
And it´s more then childish to stay away from the team-presentation, my mum would have smacked me. No need to ruin the day for everybody else involved because of their pet hate. Though I hope nobodys day was ruined because of the abscence of these people.

If you see somebody before you in the queue at Prisma check-out next weekend telling the cashier: "No Õhtuleht for me, I´m a Märtin fan and I think it´s utter rubbish, thank you very much!"
Thats me. :evil:
*rant over*
Märtinfänn
Diagnoos: rallisõltlane

Post by Märtinfänn »

You are absolutely right.like they have nothing else to wright then how much does Märtin's apartment costs.