Moderators: Jaanus, KAIKUL, Strike, Erki, jagr

Roland1803
III järgu kommentaator
III järgu kommentaator

Re: Neste Oil Rally Finland 2015 eelvaade ja shakedown

Post by Roland1803 »

Kolin wrote:
Roland1803 wrote:
Kolin wrote:Supper rally ja Rally2 reeglid on kogu aeg olnud samad. Selleks, et teisel päeval Rally2 süsteemis jätkata pead sa olema startinud SS1-le. Kui sa pole SS1-le peale läinud siis on kogu ralli mokkas.
2013 Saksamaa rallil katkestas Karl poodiumilt maha sõites. Esimesele katsele ei jõudnud. Jätkas teisel päeval. Vale informatsioon sul..
Olgu sul siis õigus. Ma ei viitsi vaielda. Suht mõtetu teema :? Kui sa kõike nii hästi tead siis miks sa küsid?

Point lihtsalt selles, et kui sa pole rallit alustanud siis ei saa ka katkestada ja Rally2 süsteemis jätkata. Ei ole ju nii, et pole rallit alustanud ja siis lähen teisel päeval sõitma. Mõtle loogiliselt.
Siis saab ju Karl ka teisel päeval peale tulla kui auto mootori korda saab AHHAHHA Või siis nii, et panen ennas nimekirja. Aga raha pole, et kolme päeva kimada. Siis võtan Rally2-e ja sõidan ainult kolmanda päeva.
Keeruline arutleda siin. Jutt käis teisest teemast, hetkel kirjutasid absoluutselt teisest asjast. Tänud tähelepanu eest
Kolin
Rallifoorum 24/7

Post by Kolin »

Nagu aru olen saanud siis, et rallit alustada pead sa olema poodiumi koos autoga ületanud. Aga kui ületad ilma autota siis pead olema startinud SS1-le. On vist nii?

No Hard Feeling Roland1803
Man and machine against mother nature!!!
"I kneel only to god, But I don't see him here"John Abruzzi
raulito
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Post by raulito »

Aga üldiselt on rahvatarkus et kui esimesele katsele ei stardi siis rallit ei võida.
viplala
Rallifoorum 24/7

Post by viplala »

WRC2 lõplike aegasi Shakedownilt pol vist veel siin olnud.
Pontus Tidemand SKODA RC2 2.21,3
Yurii Protasov FORD RC2 2.21,3
Esapekka Lappi SKODA RC2 2.21,5
Stéphane Lefebvre CITROËN RC2 2.22,2
Eyvind Brynildsen FORD RC2 2.22,7
Craig Breen PEUGEOT RC2 2.22,7
Jarkko Nikara FORD RC2 2.23,2
Eric Camilli FORD RC2 2.23,6
Scott Pedder FORD RC2 2.24,5
Valeriy Gorban MINI RC2 2.24,5
Anders Gröndal CITROËN RC2 2.25,2
Fredrik Åhlin FORD RC2 2.25,3
Nicolas Fuchs FORD RC2 2.25,9
Sander Pärn FORD RC2 2.26,2
Martin Koci SVK PEUGEOT RC2 2.27,1
Quentin Giordano CITROËN RC2 2.29,2
RLV
III järgu kommentaator
III järgu kommentaator

Post by RLV »

Pärn teeb tarka sõitu
viplala
Rallifoorum 24/7

Post by viplala »

Tänak pressikal:
Delfi
„Kolm testipäeva kulges suurepäraselt, saime sõita palju ja erinevaid teid,“ rääkis Tänak ja lisas, et varem pole ta Soome ralli eel autot testida saanud.

Mõistagi on Tänaku eesmärgid pärast Poola ralli kolmandat kohta pisut tõusnud. „Ei lähe jahtima kindlat seitsmendat kohta, vaid tahame võidelda poodiumi nimel. Samas on see keeruline, sest Soome ralli nõuab kogemust, mida mul WRC autoga pole. Üritan sõita piiri peal, aga mitte üle piiri.“

Postimees
«Poolas sõites võtsime teadlikult riske, kuid siin me seda ei tee – kiiretel ja tehniliselt keerulistel teedel on riske nagunii, neid teadlikult juurde võtta, pole mõtet,» rääkis Tänak ja viitas sellistel teedel kihutamiseks nappidele WRC-auto kogemustele. «Kogemuste nappuse tõttu pole meil lihtne, kuid kindla seitsmenda koha peale pole ka mõtet sõita. Meelega pole vaja vigu teha, samas püüame piisavalt suruda, et saada ralli lõpuks hea tulemus.»
viplala
Rallifoorum 24/7

Post by viplala »

Eestist on neli kohtunikku NORFil osalemas ja keda huvitab nende tehtav töö ralli ajal siis siit saab seda lugeda http://racehelp.ee/
Mart_
Rallifoorum 24/7

Post by Mart_ »

Head uudised Breen'i kohta. FIA kinnitas, et saab jätkata.

@Craig_Breen - the FIA have just confirmed the car can continue
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -a desire, a dream, a vision.
werder
IV järgu kommentaator
IV järgu kommentaator

Post by werder »

Pints
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Post by Pints »

Kolin
Rallifoorum 24/7

Post by Kolin »

Pints wrote:Shakedown
https://youtu.be/evG3sBqE7NM
Tänakut oli päris palju pildis
Man and machine against mother nature!!!
"I kneel only to god, But I don't see him here"John Abruzzi
jaani8
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Post by jaani8 »

Pints
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Post by Pints »

Kolin wrote:
Pints wrote:Shakedown
https://youtu.be/evG3sBqE7NM
Tänakut oli päris palju pildis
Eestlaste video ka :)
Füürer
I järgu kommentaator
I järgu kommentaator

Autosport+

Post by Füürer »

Why a Finland win is still as good as a WRC title

Rally Finland is still the one all the WRC drivers want to win the most. DAVID EVANS explains what makes the event so extraordinary, and tries some of its best stages himself

By David Evans
Rallying correspondent

Colin McRae, Ford, WRC Finland 2001

Late in 2003, I sat down with Britain's best World Rally Championship co-drivers to talk about their careers and what they'd achieved.

Derek Ringer, Robert Reid and Phil Mills all had world titles to their names, having co-driven Colin McRae, Richard Burns and Petter Solberg respectively.

Michael 'Beef' Park didn't. Momentarily, Beef felt left out.

"Aye, but you've got a Finland win..." said Reid, referring to his success alongside Markko Martin earlier that same season.

The intimation was clear. Agreement absolute. A Finland win was almost as good as a world championship.

Nothing's changed. It still means that much.

On Sunday afternoon, two men will stand on top of their car, but feel on top of the world after taking on and beating the relentlessly fast and frighteningly jumpy roads that thread their way between 1000 lakes.

Back in the day, it was generally felt a Safari win was worth as much to a manufacturer as a world title. Talking to the drivers after the recce for this week's Rally Finland, it's clear the Jyvaskylan Suurajot (Jyvaskyla Grand Prix) has retained its appeal.

The desire to win this week depends on where you come from. Locals like Jari-Matti Latvala want to win because the history and heritage of what is arguably the nation's biggest and best sporting occasion demands success.

Countless times down the years, Sunday night has moved into Monday morning with a super-inebriated local desperately trying to get what, pint-by-pint, has become the most twisted of tongue-twisters relayed to you.

Sober, it's simple: If you want to win, you need a Finn.

The prospect of Johnny Foreigner coming to these parts and driving faster than Latvala is utterly absurd.

It was just such a mentality that ringfenced this one for the Finns for so long. Grudgingly, Scandinavian neighbours were tolerated on the top step of the podium, but when Carlos Sainz won in 1990, that was just too much. The Spaniard was... Spanish. And Spain... well, it's just nowhere near Scandinavia.

Latvala gets that. His sense of history is keener than pretty much any other driver in the championship, so when it comes to a win for a Finn in Finland, he understands the deep-rooted need of his countrymen.

What of those born outside the national boundaries of Suomi? What inspires the courage in them to fly higher and harder than would seem reasonable?

Bringing it down to a basic level, it's how they fill their trousers. And what they talk about afterwards.

Balls and bragging rights.

Standing on the roof on Sunday means you've been braver than anybody else for the past three days.

A few years ago, I drove the Ouninpohja stage and was astonished at just how savagely quick this stretch of road really is. But I drove it in a year when it wasn't used. What I saw was the blank canvas.

Encouraged by a service park full of heroes in the making, I returned. And yesterday I got the full picture.

What I saw a few years ago was a gravel road with a lot of crests and corners.

What I saw yesterday was a stage furnished and ready to rock.

In an effort to put what are reckoned to be the season's finest 21 miles into context, I nosed my way through Paijala first - this is the 14-miler that comes immediately before the big one.

Paijala's a lovely stretch with a fabulous spectator area not far after the start. Fans are encouraged to line the route for half a mile - but in that half mile they have the opportunity to see the cars hunkered down, hugging planet earth in top-gear sweepers and then being drop-kicked skywards by the mental topography a handful of curves later.

Typically, Finland has done an exceptional job in dressing the spectator zone, marking exactly where folk can stand, slotting in toilets and catering facilities between the trees.

My driver for the day is Wales Rally GB managing director Ben Taylor. Joining him on a Finnish fact-finding mission is PR star Jonathan Gill. Both are impressed with their first taste of what fans are offered in this part of the world.

Good as Paijala is, nothing will prepare them for Ouninpohja.

Stage records for the world's finest and most unpronounceable stretch of road won't count this year after the start was moved forward.

Wondering why, the mystery was solved less than 10 seconds after Taylor dropped the clutch on the start, firing three of Volkswagen's finest cylinders into action.

Around a quickish right, the Polo's front bumper was pointing skywards and, were we in our motor's distant R WRC-labelled cousin, we would have been feet in the air.

Three up with luggage, we were struggling to pull second gear... But the message made it home. That's why the start had been moved: a jump of epic proportions.

A jump: just what this event had been missing.

Ouninpohja comes in three parts. The first section is fast with quick corners and more drop-off style jumps. At the first of two enormous spectator areas, you turn left at one of only a handful of junctions. It was here in 1999 that Reid famously took a breath from his pacenotes to tell Burns: "Now it gets quicker..."

Mills offered Solberg a similar reminder on their record-breaking run in 2004.

So I do the same. Taylor and Gill look incredulous.

"Quicker?"

But it does. It really does. The jumps are more rollercoaster in nature and the flow from corner to corner is just insane. Every now and then, though, there's a longer third-gear bend with a couple of apexes.

Handily, these seem to come soon after the landing from a big jump, making the previous page of pacenotes doubly important.

Preparation for slowing the car down, getting it settled after the jump and turned in to a slower corner is not the work of a moment.

It's now that I'm really seeing the benefit of coming into the stage after the recce. The lines through some of the corners are just immense.

In all honesty, there's not that much cutting, but in some places the cars will clearly be a third of their width off the road and into the bushes. In sixth gear.

We're sticking with second, mouths still open.

The final third of the stage starts with probably the most famous setting of all - the fast left (where Craig Breen rolled his Ford Fiesta out of the lead of SWRC in 2012) into hairpin right at the Kakaristo junction.

This sort of spectating opportunity offers Taylor much food for thought and plenty of pictures of tents and tape are taken.

Such has been the popularity of this spot, the organisers have been forced to build the WRC equivalent of a New Town to cope with the spectator overspill.

The answer? A man-made jump (seriously...) designed by Tommi Makinen and carved into a field.

Stopping atop of the jump, we're approached by a local, oddly enough a lady carrying a mattress.

"You are coming for the rally?" she asked. "This is the best place. You know Tommi? He made this..."

A brief aside: when you reach a certain level in Finnish rallying, having two names is completely unnecessary. Tommi's Tommi, obviously. And there's only ever going to be one Ari, Hannu, Marcus and, of course, Markku.

Over the jump and around the portaloos (which will definitely have been moved by the time Sebastien Ogier's flying through these parts on Friday), we're heading for the finish. And this is my least favourite part of the stage. It's narrow, but just as quick.

The intensity goes up another notch with even less run-off than before and the focus required to keep the speed is beyond belief.

Having crested one final seriously steep ascent to another mighty leap (but only just as our Polo crawled up in first what three other Volkswagens will manage five ratios higher with 10 times the speed), one last junction sends us into the final mile back on a wide road.

You can almost hear the drivers breathing a sigh of relief. They're about to come back to planet earth, having spent the previous 15 minutes on a higher plane.

Interestingly, data from Ogier's Polo last time he drove the - almost - full length Ouninpohja, he took off 77 times in 20 miles and spent 30 seconds in the air.

It's those kind of numbers that make everybody want to end Sunday in P1.

Finland. Still special.

Fan of MM-Motorsport & Fair Recce
Rebane
Diagnoos: rallisõltlane

Post by Rebane »

#WRC Start List
48 @khalidbinfaisal...
52 Paddon
53 @krismeeke
54 Neuville
55 Latvala